Thursday, December 9, 2010

Books for Swaziland!!!!

Hello all-

We will be working with two of our Primary schools to help them start school libraries. I (Brooke) am writing the project to bring books to 30 locations throughout Swaziland. We need your help in paying for the shipment of the books! Here is the link to the Peace Corps website where you can donate. Also, if you have any questions about what it is like to start a library in a community where reading has not been practiced in the past, please ask. We are currently helping our High school sort through the many books they have had donated and helping them to get their library in order. I never realized how much work libraries can be, and I also will never forget how much I appreciate the opportunities I had for reading as a child. I really hope the children in our community will get these opportunities too!

Here is the link:

https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=645-086

No comments:

Post a Comment